Monday, February 25, 2013

Entertainment is Fine, But This is Crazy!




I am not sure how many of you out there watched the Oscars last night. If you were one of the lucky ones that did not watch it, I am not here to give you a rundown of those who won and those who lost, why they won and why they lost, and what everyone was wearing. I will leave that to the morons on television to talk about. There is more to this than meets the eye, so I wanted to write a little about why entertainment is good, but there also has to be limits.

Many times during the summer, if you were out and looking for me, you would find me at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA catching a baseball game. I would be there with some friends, having a few beers, and enjoying the night. There is nothing wrong with this. Those who tell you that there is and that I should be home on the computer worrying about Islam or the debt have only made this country worse because of their stupidity. It is great to get out of the house and do things that you find enjoyable. If that means going to the movies, then so be it. I am not one to go to the movies all that often, but when I do I understand I am giving money to people that probably do not share my views. This is the way of the world people, so get used to it.

We have to be honest with ourselves: if we TRULY wanted to boycott every store, movie, and general all-around places of business because they did not agree with us politically we would be making our clothes at home, would have to have a farm to raise our own food, and would have to build our own entertainment in the backyard out of some wood and sticks. This is the way of the world. I am not like it ad you may not like it, but at some point we all buy something or use a service that is offered from someone that we do not agree with.

Now, the Oscars were last night, and as I have stated I did not watch them and do not care to watch them. Those who did, more power to you, but I did not and will not. It is not because I could care less about the people getting the awards for political reasons. I see movies here and there and like I have stated, they are with people who I do not agree with politically. This is not a political issue, as far as I am concerned. We all know at this point that Hollywood is full of a bunch of Left wing nuts who want to do nothing more than spread that agenda over the airwaves. This is not news people!

What might be news worthy, but is never really talked about, is how these entertainers try to confuse the populace with their misunderstanding of the world. They get up and think they are doing something good for humanity when they have a telethon for those in Haiti, yet it takes them twice as long to stand up and try to help people in their own nation. When it comes to protecting children, or at least that is their argument, they tell us we should not have certain kinds of guns because they are the reason there is so much killing in this country. They have no understanding as to why there is so much killing in America and around the world. They lack the common sense to put two complete thoughts together to even understand the complexities of the world. How, as a realist, can I take them seriously and sit there and watch them accept awards given by people who are or have been actors? All they are doing is patting themselves on the back. Does that sound FAMILIAR to anyone else?

Yes, it sounds like what we see in Washington on a daily basis. All the while there are WAY too many people in this nation that use the ideas and twisted opinions of the Left via Hollywood to actually live their lives and form their own opinions. This is what I have a problem with when it comes to entertainment. It is not that the movies are making people do anything or that most of them are Left wing ideologues set out to make this nation even worse than it is today. It is that people take these people for more than what they are. They are just entertainers, and that is all. They are not special, more educated, or even more intelligent. They are who they are, and if as a nation we are going to look upon them as something more we know that we have a problem right off the bat.

Like I have said MANY times before: Entertainment is fine and we all need to relax here and there and get away from the problems of the world. This is why I stepped away from the podcast for a while. I needed a break to do something else and get away from the problems that the world has. But at the end of the day we always come back to them because that is where we feel most comfortable. That is fine in some respects, but when you cross that line and find that the only entertainment in your life is listening to someone else moan and complain about the world, you need to examine yourself and what makes you tick. This kind if world will bring a person down to levels that you will not like. I have seen it, and many of you have as well. When you allow anything to consume you, you just become a part of the problem that you are trying to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment