Monday, March 4, 2013

Things Are Looking Up...

After YEARS of doing Conservative T & T, throwing in T & T Tunes, and all the blogging I have done, one would think it would get a little old. Just look at what people like myself have to write about and talk about on a daily basis. There is almost nothing at all good going on in the world, the news is the same day in and day out, and frankly what I write about these days is almost the same thing I wrote about a decade ago, with the only difference being the players involved in the BS that is going on in the world.

Since bringing back Conservative T & T just a few shows ago, I have seen the great turnout and the enthusiasm that is being shown for the show once again. Maybe the break was good for all of us, because what I see happening is people not only getting serious but also wanting to get involved. This is why I do what I do. I do not do it for personal recognition or even to have my name somewhere that everyone would be able to see it. I do this because at some point something that I say will get through to someone and make them think. If I made people think today, I did my job. You may not agree with me, we will never agree on everything, but if you thought about what I had to say then you did something more than most American's have done today and that is something to be proud of.

There have been a lot of changes in my life. Many of them have been good changes and some I am still getting used to. I have a great new person in my life that I think deserves a lot of the credit for me being back on my game as far as the podcast goes. We have not known each other very long, but here and there you will meet people that you know right off the bat will have a great influence on you and what you do. They will give you a new perspective on life and make you think about some of the things you have thought in the past. These people are important in our lives, no matter if we are involved with them romantically or just as friends. These kinds of people make all of us better people, and it is because of them we can rise above a lot of the crap in the world to see the truth about what is right and wrong. If you know anything about T & T, it is all about truth and thought, and you cannot find the truth without a little thought and knowing right from wrong.

I find myself these days looking for new truths and new opinions. I find myself trying to look back at my views and seeing if maybe I went too far with some and not far enough with others. We can never allow anyone on this planet to change the way we feel about something just to make them happy, but what we can do is use that what motivates others to learn more and more everyday about what we feel strongly about. It is never about changing someone or even trying to look at them in a different light to meet our own needs, but more about learning about others and how they feel and what they think and transferring that into something much more.

We, as humans, are capable of more complex thought than we give ourselves credit for. We are able to do great things with very little. We are able to stand up above the pack and lead, or we can stand back and follow. It is the leaders that will rule the day in this nation while the followers choose sides. It would seem by that statement the followers are more important than the leaders, but the leaders shape the mindset of the individual follower, so the leader is always the most important in the group.

My point being is that sometimes we look at people and see something that is not true at all, and then we get to know these people and we not necessarily start to question ourselves or what we believe but begin to question what we have done and why we have done it.

I am nearing the age of 30 and almost every single day I look back at what I have done, how I got here, and where I am going. I have had conversations with friends and those close to me about this as well, since they also think about the same thing. There are many times in all our lives where we find that we could have done something else, something better, or just something totally different that would have changed our path. We are on the path we are on right now because of decisions. We make choices that effect our lives, and because of those choices we are where we are today.

There is one person that I can thank for making me see much more than what I have seen in a very long time. I am more open, more upbeat, and much more ready to fight in the arena of ideas than I was just a few short months ago when I thought Conservative T & T would be gone for good and the fate of the next book might fall into the trash bin of history. It is so odd that we, as humans, have the ability to one day believe that all might be lost and then the next day KNOW that there is still more fighting to do. What I do here on the blog and with the podcast may not be the biggest thrill for others, and it may not be what some would consider normal for someone my age. But it is great to know that there is someone standing behind you, when you make the decision to take one more stab at it, that will support you and actually enjoy and listen to what you have to say no matter how strange it might be sometimes. It is more true now than ever, I believe, that having that one person who you can say anything to and they will never judge you is more important than any silver or gold in the world...more important than any riches large or small.

Conservative T & T is back, but I would not thank me for that. Thank yourself, and I will thank that one in my life who in this very short time has shown me that a little hard work, no matter what for, really does make a difference somewhere.

It is kind of odd, really. Almost a year ago, the T & T family lost a dear listener in Beachbum. Some of you remember him if you listened to the show or came to my blogs, but he was much more than a listener to a podcast or a visitor to a website. He helped me with the show when times got tough. He was there every night to listen to the show and maybe even learn something new here and there. When I did not do a show, sometimes he was the only one I heard from asking me why, asking how the date went that night if I had one, and asking if I needed anything else for the show.

We have a small part of Beach in all of us. The part that does the right thing, helps others when they need it, and will listen to even the most boring of stories about blind dates and the terrible nights that led to them. Beach will always be number one as far as Conservative T & T goes, and the show owes him more than I could ever put into words. Later in the month I will write something else about him in much greater detail, but for now I will leave it at that.

My point in bringing that up is that we do not know where that true friend will come from. We never know what is behind the next door, but if we do not open it to find out then we will never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment